Форум

Пожалуйста или Регистрация для создания записей и тем.

Host details are being exported when user has selected to Hide computers

НазадСтраница 2 из 2
Цитата: SerVal от 26.10.2020, 13:59

Go to http://gerasim.boinc.ru/users/viewMyHomePage.aspx
Privacy tab:
uncheck "Show my computers on web site " <Apply>
uncheck "Disable export my data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites" <Apply>

Your computers will be completely invisible.

Privacy tab:

check "Show my computers on web site" <Apply>
check "Disable export my data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites" <Apply>

Your computers will be visible on web site, without export hosts stats.

Default option for the tab:

"Show my computers on web site" - checked.

"Disable export my data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites" - unchecked.

note: statistics are generated every 4 hours.

And for this option:

uncheck "Disable export my data to BOINC statistics aggregation Web sites" <Apply>

What should that do ?

And for this option:

Computers will be invisible on the website, but included in statistics.

Цитата: SerVal от 26.10.2020, 14:49

And for this option:

Computers will be invisible on the website, but included in statistics.

If I go to the stats folder (gerasim.boinc.ru/stats/) in my browser and open the host.xml.gz file located there on the website it will show the computers that people think are being hidden because they unchecked the "Show my computers on web site" option.

There are only two checkboxes. I think the people will figure out what's what. :)

Цитата: SerVal от 26.10.2020, 15:39

There are only two checkboxes. I think the people will figure out what's what. ?

That is your opinion and you are quite welcome to express it :)
It is your project you can run it how you want to.

Every other Boinc project I have seen does it differently from how Gerasim is doing it now.
Even BOINC@TACC that @aenbleidd linked to have corrected what they were doing wrong.
None of them export the host details if a user has unchecked the "Show my computers on web site" option, users will be expecting the same at Gerasim.
Letting a user choose the option to hide their computers and then not hide them is not what would be expected.

I will leave it to @aenbleidd if he wants to continue this in Russian here or offline with regard to expected Boinc behaviour.

Thank's for your response.

НазадСтраница 2 из 2
BOINC.RU